• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jewelzz

What is the name of your state? Texas

My mother granted me her Power of Attorney, for various reasons I am not willing to be her POA anymore and want to be removed from this posiiton. The only revocation forms that I can find must be signed by her, the grantor and notorized so it can be filed in the courthouse. She now lives in a nursing home and they are not willing to notorize the POA for me. Is there any form that I can file on my own without her signature. I need to be release from this immediately.What is the name of your state?

BlondiePB

Is there any form that I can file on my own without her signature.
No.
I need to be release from this immediately.
Then, refuse to be her POA. However, if your mother has dementia and/or is incompetent, she will need a guardian and cannot sign any estate papers - including a POA revocation. Guardianship automatically revocates a POA.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Texas

My mother granted me her Power of Attorney, for various reasons I am not willing to be her POA anymore and want to be removed from this posiiton. The only revocation forms that I can find must be signed by her, the grantor and notorized so it can be filed in the courthouse. She now lives in a nursing home and they are not willing to notorize the POA for me. Is there any form that I can file on my own without her signature. I need to be release from this immediately.What is the name of your state?

No one can force you to do this job.

Is the original POA recorded in the courthouse?

If so, get a certified copy of it from the recorder and then fill out a notarized statement saying that you reject the appointment, attach it to the certified copy and then record that.

Hire a lawyer to help you do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">