• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Physical abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MAK0

My wife works for a vet and during an animal examination my wife was holding the dog. He said something and she thought he asked her to see something, so when she moved towards him to see, he said no and shoved her backwards. Can I do something about this, I am extremely furious. This all happened in Florida. Also there were witnesses and other employees have been verbally abused at the work place. Very hostile environment. But this is the first physical abuse.

T

tjtesq

Based on the limited information in your posting, it appears that the vet is guilty of battery. That is both a crime and a tort (actionable wrongdoing). Is it discrimination and harassment? not enought info to be sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">