• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crs 14-10-115 (14.5)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1234colorado

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My husband and his ex are to claim the two dependance in proportion to their contributions to the cost of raising the children.

My husband has a regular full time job. His ex claimed 0.00 gross income on the last financial afidavit provided to the court for child support modification. She is a ful time student.

Who claims the children?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My husband and his ex are to claim the two dependance in proportion to their contributions to the cost of raising the children.

My husband has a regular full time job. His ex claimed 0.00 gross income on the last financial afidavit provided to the court for child support modification. She is a ful time student.

Who claims the children?
How does she support herself as a full time student? Does she live on student loans?

Unfortunately that really is a poorly written order.

In any case, if mom has primary custody of the children, dad will need a signed form 8332 from mom in order to claim the children.

abezon

What was the judge smoking in court? You can't claim kids 'in proportion to support paid!' There's no way to claim 1.5 dependents on a tax return! Go back to court & get a rationally phrased order. Does a student loan count as support? What about a nontaxable grant? What about state aid or subsidized health care?

Here's a thought -- how about dad gets to claim both kids while mom's in school or in years when she does not need dependents, then the younger kids after mom starts working full time, assuming dad is current in support?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">