• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana & concealed weapon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spreston83

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My boyfriend was arrested for possession of marijuana, obstruction of justice, and carrying a concealed weapon. His charges have been picked up as federal. His PD hasn't really let me know what all the possibilities are. I know that the possession and the weapon together will probably end in a mandatory jail sentence. We are questioning the marijuana charge b/c they only found residue on a glass. Is there a way to have the possession charge beat (or dropped) and if not, how much time will he be sentenced? His only past record is misdemeanor trespassing and destruction of property. We know he is going to do some kind of time, but are trying to find a way to make it as SHORT AS POSSIBLE!!!! I am a law dummy and the library at the jail is so out of date. Any advice will help please!!!

stephenk

His public defender isn't going to discuss the case or options with you. What does your soon to be ex-boyfriend telling you what his PD is advising him to do?

spreston83

First of all, the PD will be calling me next week to tell me what's going on. He did call today and say that he has some good news, but wanted to talk to him first. Second of all, my future husband (although I do appreciate your reply, I do resent your smart comments ) hasn't spoken to him yet. But the fact is, the PD works for them, and if you don't know any possibilities, they can do whatever they want to you and you know no different. All I need is for someone to share some knowledge with me!!!

BustedInVA

as i am finding out day by day (see busted in VA post). VA doesn't care how much you have..you may as well have had a oz. anyway, marijuana possession is 24 hours comm service. 6month license suspension, madatory drug testing (that you will pay for) and probably a slew of other things for the concealed weapon. I don't know much about that. but i got a lawyer for my 1 gram of marijuana i am geting in trouble for. hopefully mine will jsut get dropped to a paraphenilia charge.. which is like 200 dollar fine and court fees. But I am sorry it was in Va.. this seems to be the hardest state on the marijuana and stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">