• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex filed an ex parte against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TJS

My ex fiance has some phycological problems. We were going out for three years and had a baby boy together who is now 21/2 years old. We were never married. Since we broke up 6 months ago she has been in three fights with three different people( including breaking the nose of her most recent boyfriend ).
She claims that she is scared of me and her parents are helping her with what she needs to say and or do.
The first ex parte she filed she never showed up to court, charges were dismissed, then the next day she filed another one. I appeared the second time only to have the judge not show up. Which comes to my first question. Could the petitioner ( my ex ) ask the judge to extend the court proceedings for a week or two?
Secondly, should I try to prove to the judge that she is violent because of what has happened since we broke up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">