• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DestinyC

Hi I rent a house in NJ on campground property. Someone was petting my dog which was on a cable outside my house and I told him to step away he replied "no" the dog is fine and kept petting him. meanwhile the dog bit him. Right now I am unemployed and have no assets. Now he is asking for out of pocket expenses totalling $10,000.(he has med insurance don't know why it is so high) He said if we don't pay these out of pocket expenses then he will have to file a lawsuit against my landlord's insurance because at the time I didn't have renters insurance. Now if my landlord's insurance company gets sued and they turn around and sue me since i do not have any assets now, can they take from me in the future and garnish my paycheck? and what if in the future if I can afford to buy a house, can they put a lien on it and force me to sell the house? and is it a normal process if the landlords insurance company get's sued that they will automatically sue me? Thanks for your response

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">