• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP ME!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redsy

My friend got stopped on the street by two cops for an open container and they asked him if he had weapons or drugs. And my friend agreed to be searched. He had 24 dime bags of crack on him. He was on probation for his first drug offense at the time now hes in jail he was supposed to go to court on 1/10/2001. When his girlfriend went to pay the fines on 1/8/2001 she was told that they moved his court date to 1/17/2001 because the cop could not make it. The judge was told about the continuance in front of the girl and he wasnt even aware of it until then....He needs help isnt there something about if the cop cant make it the case is dropped? Or is that only with traffic violations?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">