• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job Discrimination/ Benefits

• Thread starter Crystal D. McGowan
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Crystal D. McGowan

I am a Receptionist for an Architectural firm.I caught Pneumonia about 4 weeks ago because I sit right in front of the front doors where all the cold air comes in. I am under a Doctors care and she thinks I cought pneumonia due to where I sit. I brought in a letter from my Doctor saying that if they could not put up something to block the cold air she was going to put me in the hospital. I had no sick days left to use so I used the emergency sick time that the company offers when you have exhausted all of your regular sick time. after 1 year you get 5 days. I have worked for this company almost 2 years.

My supervisor would only approve 3 of the 5 days. Her reason being she felt that in the time that I have worked here I have been given more than enough time off and in her personal opinion I didn't deserve anymore days off.

She was referring to my offer letter. In my letter I get 2 more vacation days than most other employees(12 days instead of 10) and she felt that I had taken enough time off.

So I came to work with a space heater under my desk an wrapped in a blanket from home because it was so cold at the front desk, and six perscriptions from my doctor.

so I have come to work in pain 70% of the time.

Can they hold back time that they offer in the company policy?
Can her personal opinion enter into HR rules and can she hold my offer letter against me??Dallas, TX

[Edited by Crystal D. McGowan on 01-10-2001 at 09:25 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">