• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injunctive relief for nursing home against a family member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leslie Maxwell

What is the name of your state? Texas.

Is there any way a nursing home can gain injunctive relief against a family member who is the nursing home residents DPOA? The family member is impeding the care of this resident by telling the nurses to remove her mother's oxygen at various times during the day (dispite the Dr. order for the patient to have it on) also telling the nurse to "hold the next tube feeding" because her Mom "looks bloated". Is there anyway to keep this woman (the resident's daughter) out of nursing facility?What is the name of your state?

Is there any way a nursing home can gain injunctive relief against a family member who is the nursing home residents DPOA? The family member is impeding the care of this resident by telling the nurses to remove her mother's oxygen at various times during the day (dispite the Dr. order for the patient to have it on) also telling the nurse to "hold the next tube feeding" because her Mom "looks bloated". Is there anyway to keep this woman (the resident's daughter) out of nursing facility?What is the name of your state?
Generally the best way to do this is to get a court appointed guardian. I'm not familiar with details of Texas law, but usually once a guardian is appointed by the court the PoA is declared null and void.

xylene

Who are you to this situation?

Is it impossible that Daughter has MOM's best interest at least at heart.

What is Mom's condition. Is she at all lucid or completelty catatonic?

The purpose of a DPOA is to have someone to look out for you. Are you accusing this woman's daughter of trying to hasten mom's death?

I would like to see more proof than daughter being a know-it-all and a bit obnoxious. Like are her actions damaging mom's health? Because "dr's orders..." aren't going to cut it... doctors make mistakes and can't monitor a person like a loving family member.

Tell me something to make me feel different.

Also if you are a nursing home admin typ person, you need a lawyer on retainer...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">