• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Natural Gas Leak in my new home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brazisz

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I moved into a new construction home on Jan 20th 2006. In Feb of 06 i had an issue with my HVAC unit. A rep from the HVAC company came out and said that there is 2 pipes missing. one from each unit that goes from the gas to the furnace. they replaced them and now today i had my home professionally inspect due to the fact my 1 year warranty is almost up and he detected a good size leak and noticeable smell when he went into my attic's crawl space. He had me immediately call the gas company. they came out and shut of my gas and said that the pipe leading from the gas line to the furnace wasn't sealed at all! I called my HVAC company and they came out to fix it. So over the past year I’ve been living on a ticking time bomb and if i hadn't got it inspected who knows what could of happened. I've also developed these terrible headaches over the last 3 months that i now think are linked to this. do i have a negligence case against the builder for releasing this property to me with those missing pipes or against the HVAC company?What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I moved into a new construction home on Jan 20th 2006. In Feb of 06 i had an issue with my HVAC unit. A rep from the HVAC company came out and said that there is 2 pipes missing. one from each unit that goes from the gas to the furnace. they replaced them and now today i had my home professionally inspect due to the fact my 1 year warranty is almost up and he detected a good size leak and noticeable smell when he went into my attic's crawl space. He had me immediately call the gas company. they came out and shut of my gas and said that the pipe leading from the gas line to the furnace wasn't sealed at all! I called my HVAC company and they came out to fix it. So over the past year I’ve been living on a ticking time bomb and if i hadn't got it inspected who knows what could of happened. I've also developed these terrible headaches over the last 3 months that i now think are linked to this. do i have a negligence case against the builder for releasing this property to me with those missing pipes or against the HVAC company?What is the name of your state?
Did you suffer any permanent or serious damages?

If so, what is the dollar amount of those damages?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Generally, you can't collect for what "might" have happened...only what has happened. And, you already said the HVAC company has fixed it. Was it fixed under warranty? If not, then you may be able to collect for your actual out-of-pocket costs to fix the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">