• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wallet stolen and thief used my video card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dgreena2

Had my house broken into and wallet stolen. Called police and they caught the kid. He actually confessed after being arrested on an unrelated violation. Didn't recover any money or credit cards but thought it was at least over. The kid evidently used my video store rental card to rent numerous video games that were not returned. The video store now has contacted me regarding these videos. Am I obligated to pay the video store for those videos? I feel bad that they were ripped off but I was ripped off too! Please help.

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dgreena2 said:
Had my house broken into and wallet stolen. Called police and they caught the kid. He actually confessed after being arrested on an unrelated violation. Didn't recover any money or credit cards but thought it was at least over. The kid evidently used my video store rental card to rent numerous video games that were not returned. The video store now has contacted me regarding these videos. Am I obligated to pay the video store for those videos? I feel bad that they were ripped off but I was ripped off too! Please help.

Thanks
My response:

I'm assuming you have homeowner's insurance. If so, you're covered for such a theft. Call your agent, report the loss, and give them a copy of the Police Report.

In the meantime, inform the video store of your actions, and progress toward obtaining payment for their loss. Give them a copy of the Police Report.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">