• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing my car / officer giving false info / Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcadams

Last night I was visiting friends. They told me that the last garage was theirs, and to park behind it. Well, last left to right, or right to left; I parked in the wrong space. I heard a big truck outside, and looked out to see two towtrucks scoping out my car. I ran outside, asked them to hold on. They were not backed up to my car yet, so I started my car and proceeded to back out. The towtruck sped backwards and boxed me in. He jumped out of the truck and told me to get out of the car. My friends came out to see the goings on. I told him I was moving my car, and he informed me that I would have to pay him $125 for him to move. He then pulled out chains and came towards the car. I told him to stop so I could call the police to settle the affair. He stiff armed me to the side and began to put chains on my car. The apartment officer then came out, and I told him what happened. My friend told him that the situation was unsatisfactory. The officer told him to go inside, which he proceeded to do. The apt. was in the direction of the officer, so my friend started towards the apt. when the officer moved in front of him. My friend tried to get around him when he pushed my friend. Keep in mind this guy was wearing regular clothes (shorts and a sweatshirt), and just said he was a courtesy officer. After he pushed my friend he informed us that he was an Irving police officer (we were in Irving, TX)and showed us a badge. The tow guy started to pull my car on the truck (still running) when I got inside the car and turned it off. He told me to get away from the car, and go inside before he arrested us. Weasked him for his badge number, which he replied BR549, and then went inside. We then called the police. When they arived, they didn't even talk to me, they talked to my friend (maybe because he is older and an ex-Marine). They looked up the officer which was not Irving police, it turnes out he was Dallas police, but he gave us a false badge number too. They informed my friend that he could be charged with assaulting an officer, and that he was lucky. They said that if the tow guy was still there, and had stopped like I asked, my car would not have been towed. What can I do, I hate to pay $125 and storage costs when I think I should have been allowed to move my car.

JETX

You have posted your question to the wrong forum (this one is for Small Claim court questions).

You are a lot more likely to get an informative response if you post to the correct forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">