• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BOSSES SON THREATENS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ADAM11

i WORK IN A SMALL BUISNESS IN NJFOR 3 YEARS. i WAS RECENTLY AT AN AFTER WORK EVENT WHERE THE BOSSES SON WHO IS MY SUPERIOR WAS INVOLVED WITH A SCUFFLE WITH ONE OF MY FREINDS ALTHOUGH I DID NOT GET PHYISCALLY INVOLVED WE DID VERBALY AND THE OUTCOME WAS THAT HE SAID i DAREYOU TO COME TO WORK ON TUESDAY.I DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE IN THE WORK ENVIOMENT AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I AM ENTITLED TO IF I QUIT. aLSO WHEN THE TERMANATION HAPPENS HOW LONG DOES THE EMPLOYER HAVE TO PAY OR KEEP ME ON THE COMPANY INSURANCE POLICY THANKS.

B

buddy2bear

Your insurance benefits would usually end when your employment ends. However, you should be offered COBRA benefits for the next 18 months, BUT only if you pay your portion and the employer's portion, in advance, each month. I don't know too many people who have been able to take advantage of this "feel good law" because usually the insurance cost is anywhere from $400 to $900 a month and for a person not working (sometimes even working), this is a lot of money and isn't just laying around waiting to be spent.

As an aside -- family involved in business is not always a good idea. Next job you get, try to make sure it doesn't involve family members of the owner -- speaking with experience - have been family member of owner, as well as have worked for another company with other family ownership/involvement -- not condusive to harmony and enhancing of life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">