• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of marijuana and paraphanalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rutkowski1

What is the name of your state? Maryland Im 18 years old from Maryland i have a court date coming up soon and i was charged with poss of paraphanalia,(bowl and grinder) and maybe .2 of marijuana.I was wondering if there was any chance i could get jail time for this, this is my first offense and im very paranoid..and if not jail time what do u think the consequences will be. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

sunnydays

Hello,

You said that you have a court date coming up soon. Is it in front of a judge or a magistrate. I have a friend in a similar situation and this recently happened...Thanks

fairisfair

Hello,

You said that you have a court date coming up soon. Is it in front of a judge or a magistrate. I have a friend in a similar situation and this recently happened...Thanks
from what I remember, you are not in the same state as this poster, remember, different state, different laws.

Just Blue

Ah, now that is the Bay I know, starting to settle back in, get all comfortable now.. . . . . . ;) :D

Yup! Just wanted to test the water first....dip in my lil' toes....ahhh...the water is just fine!! :cool:

Been having a little fun with ledzepplin1989....such an idiot shouldn't be allowed to have a cool user name like that....Hey ...Lets start a petition to Mary...maybe we could get her to change it to justintimberlake1989...What do ya think???;)

sunnydays

Bay...YOUR'RE RIGHT!! No way will I take advice "from an 18-year old pot head." That's why...I didn't want advice. I just wanted to know WHO she was appearing in front of. But different states - different laws RIGHT!! Sunny

Just Blue

Bay...YOUR'RE RIGHT!! No way will I take advice "from an 18-year old pot head." That's why...I didn't want advice. I just wanted to know WHO she was appearing in front of. But different states - different laws RIGHT!! Sunny

The laws are different...Also even if it was the same state, just because this poster was seeing a magistrate doesn't mean your friend will...

sunnydays

We're just trying to figure some things out. This really sucks that this happened. He has a good job and he's not a low-life. He just was stupid and made a stupid mistake and now he has to pay the price.

He is getting a lawyer, but until he speaks to him...do you have any idea what he the consequence might be for being caught with a bowl and less than 2g of marijuana? It's his first offense. I know that it can depend on the judge, but any advice will help. Thanks

fairisfair

We're just trying to figure some things out. This really sucks that this happened. He has a good job and he's not a low-life. He just was stupid and made a stupid mistake and now he has to pay the price.

um. . . . that is why they say, do the crime do the time. Do you think you are the first person that has ever said that??

He is getting a lawyer, but until he speaks to him...do you have any idea what he the consequence might be for being caught with a bowl and less than 2g of marijuana? It's his first offense. I know that it can depend on the judge, but any advice will help. Thanks
Yeah, I have lots of ideas what the consequence might be, they all range somewhere from nothing to the maximum. would it really do you any good for us to guess? Tell your friend to check into any kind of diversion programs that may be offered in your state, they may have something for first time offenders that will keep this off his record, but I am not going to do his homework for him. Call it part of his punishment.;)

sunnydays

Diversion programs...We'll look into that...Thanks for the advice.
I know I'm not the only person who said, "do the crime, do the time", but it's the truth. Nobody is perfect!! Things happen and people make mistakes. Let's face the facts. MANY people do things that are not always right, some people get caught...others don't. I'm just hoping that he gets the minimum here and he doesn't lose his job.
Thanks for all the help...sunny

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">