• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rutkowski1

What is the name of your state? maryland what are the chances a judge will ask for a drug test in court for possesion and paraphanalia?

Bretagne

I sincerely doubt you will be tested at court. If you are under a no-use condition of release, and you look high, then maybe, who knows. I've never heard of a drug test at court. If you haven't pled and aren't under any conditions, then I doubt you could be compelled to submit to a test.

However, you'll probably end up on probation and be subject to tests through corrections.

Strange distinction in the law...it's not a crime to be high, but it's a crime to possess. So, even if you were somehow compelled to submit to a test you won't be charged with anything--your terms of release may change though.

CdwJava

Bretagne said:
Strange distinction in the law...it's not a crime to be high, but it's a crime to possess.
It is legal to be under the influence in MD?

In CA it's not. Being under the influence of drugs can get you a trip to jail and court. I just assumed it was that way everywhere else. Odd.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">