• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W2 Form Filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlcl

What is the name of your state? California

I own a small business, and this is the first year I'm doing W2 filing for my employees. I know I'm supposed to provide W2 forms for my employees by Jan. 31st, and file a copy with soicial security administration by Feb. 28th, but do I need to file the state copy of the W2 with the state of California if I've already filed my annual statement with the state already? Thanks.

JETX

do I need to file the state copy of the W2 with the state of California if I've already filed my annual statement with the state already? Thanks.
What did the California Employment Development Department say when you asked them... or your attorney... or your CPA. As an ongoing business owner, you surely have an attorney and/or CPA, don't you??? :eek:

Or heck, you can even read: http://www.edd.ca.gov/taxrep/caemp406.pdf

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">