• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ignored and asked to find another job after filing three complaints of harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gary707

This is a sticky situation.

Im a vendor for a company, part time my husband is full time for the same company. Our company vends its product in a large retail store chain. We have competition in the stores we vend for as well. To make this short. I have worked here for over two years, and have made three formal complaints to my company that I was being harassed in the stores by both employees, management, and by our competition, the other male vendor. I have to work with this guy in the stores as well as be at the mercy of the employees with no protection. The first time I complained to my co. they said they would handle it. It continued more and more. Employees came to my husband and I told us who was spreading the rumors, the other vendor. It became more and more hostile in the stores for me and the harassment continued as well as the rumors of me being a hore who will give "sexual favors if you sell my product". Again I made a complaint to my co. this time they told me to not say another word and that I was no longer going to be able to work with my husband in the stores, that I had to be by myself. I told them I was too afraid and they said I needed to get another job then. We need the money so I tried to work alone in the stores but it got worse as well as the rumors by management of the stores and employees. An employee came to me and said he would sign a statement saying he heard what the other vendor said about me and that there were 5 others who would as well. I finally received the signed statements and showed them to my bosses. This time the other vendor`s co. came and investigated, my co. did not. they said they think there is something going on but their employee spreading rumors about another is no grounds for action, case dismissed in their eyes. My co. then told me I needed to get another job and made my husband`s life so miserable that he quit as well as I. We have over 7 signed statements from people who have seen and heard the rumors and the harassment towards me and my "former" co. says its not their problem. Both co.`s are afraid to tell the co.(the retailer of their products) that this ordeal was going on for over 6 months in their stores and that they all knew about it, so they made us quit. I was with the co. for over 2 years and never received a review or a raise of any sort.

The co. the other vendor works for said they were never contacted by my co. the first two times I made the complaints. My co. said they did. My husband kept a journal at the advice of a friend of all the events with times and dates and witnesses of all my complaints, the stores I was harassed in and the people involved.
Do I have a case? if so against who? and what should I do?

WE documented everything, but not sure if it will help, someone please help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">