• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate will question.. help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

camillia12

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My grandmother died March 23, 2005. I have her will in which she appoints me the Executor. I wasn't going to probate the will because her son was going to keep the property (It's in his name and not included in the will). I have now changed my mind because he sold the property that he promised to always keep in the family. The will includes her personal property which was in her home (a mobile home). I have a list of all these items as I was the last person inside the home before she died. She left these items to me in her will. I didn't find out that he'd sold the property until recently and also found out from a neighbor that he loaded up all of her personal property and took it.
My question is this; if I probate the will can I make him return her personal property? Also, would the mobile home be considered personal property since it has a title?
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

If his name is on the title/deed, it's his to do with as he wishes and the will or YOU have no bearing on it.

You need to be getting the will probated and also consulting with a probate attorney if you have any questions along the way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">