• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnydays

What is the name of your state? PA

A friend of mine was pulled over, the cops searched his car and found a bowl and less than 2g of marijuana. They arrested him, took him to the station, and then let him go. His car was impounded. They told him that he will receive something in the mail - to just plead guilty and he will just have to pay a fine. He asked if this will go on his record and the cop told him "no" and this will not affect his job (he has a government job), but the cop did ask where he worked and my friend lied. The cop also told him that his name won't be in the paper or anything because my friend asked that as well. Is any of this true or was the cop blowing smoke up his *ss. Also, this is his first offense. He doens't have any type of record. Do you think he needs a lawyer? I don't understand how he will just have to pay a fine and have no record if he was arrested.

Just Blue

Okay Sunny...I have bumped up this post so that you can see it...now find the others and delete them....

moburkes

The cop lied. This will be on his record, and if the employer does a criminal background check, then, depending upon how serious they are about finding information, they may see it.

sunnydays

what are the charges for this type of offense and can he get the charges dropped and plead guilty to a different offense Ex. disrodly conduct?

fairisfair

what are the charges for this type of offense and can he get the charges dropped and plead guilty to a different offense Ex. disrodly conduct?
provide the statute with which your friend was charged, it will be on the ticket.

any plea agreement will be up to the prosecutor.

sunnydays

Thanks...
Do you know if this will be at a magistrate of will it be in front of a judge? Also, don't first time offenders usually get a break? and a lawyer will be present. Thanks

sunnydays

He did contact a lawyer and we are waiting to meet with him. He did not get the charges in the mail yet. I will post them when he gets them. Hopefully you could offer some more educated advice. Thanks

The Occultist

He did contact a lawyer and we are waiting to meet with him. He did not get the charges in the mail yet. I will post them when he gets them. Hopefully you could offer some more educated advice. Thanks
Without knowing the specific charges, nobody can actually offer anymore advice to "your friend's" situation than has already been given. Oh, tell him to stop being stupid with his illegal activities if he has such an important government job.

sunnydays

Without knowing the specific charges, nobody can actually offer anymore advice to "your friend's" situation than has already been given. Oh, tell him to stop being stupid with his illegal activities if he has such an important government job.
A lawyer will be handling his situation and if you can read correctly I did not say he has such an IMPORTANT government job; I said he has a government job. A government job could mean many things. You shouldn't make such an uneducated statement without having some knowledge!!

Unfortunately, things do happen to professionals when they do something stupid (I know - everyone knows, but it can still happen.) Oh, Do you know what a professional is?

Without knowing the specific charges, nobody can actually offer anymore advice to "your friend's" situation than has already been given.
WOW! You're brilliant!! That's why I said that when he gets the charges I will post them, Einstein.

Oh, tell him to stop being stupid with his illegal activities
No sh*t! Tell me something I don't already know. He's not some "druggie." You don't have a clue! Don't judge someone by one stupid mistake. He really isn't some "pot-head" or drug dealer or anything like that. I have nothing to prove to you.

I have never been in a situation like this before and neither has he. Believe what you want. I stumbled upon this site and figured I'd try to get some advice about his situation because it just happened and I was doing research on his case. But, as I can see, some of you have nothing to offer and think you are bettter than others. BELIEVE ME - YOU'RE NOT!!

For those who offered advice that is worth something - thanks. And yes, it is "my friend" - not me. What would I have to gain by saying it was someone else if it was me?
Oh, next time, offer some valuable advice or don't offer it at all

fairisfair

A lawyer will be handling his situation and if you can read correctly I did not say he has such an IMPORTANT government job; I said he has a government job. A government job could mean many things. You shouldn't make such an uneducated statement without having some knowledge!!

Unfortunately, things do happen to professionals when they do something stupid (I know - everyone knows, but it can still happen.) Oh, Do you know what a professional is?

WOW! You're brilliant!! That's why I said that when he gets the charges I will post them, Einstein.

No sh*t! Tell me something I don't already know. He's not some "druggie." You don't have a clue! Don't judge someone by one stupid mistake. He really isn't some "pot-head" or drug dealer or anything like that. I have nothing to prove to you.

I have never been in a situation like this before and neither has he. Believe what you want. I stumbled upon this site and figured I'd try to get some advice about his situation because it just happened and I was doing research on his case. But, as I can see, some of you have nothing to offer and think you are bettter than others. BELIEVE ME - YOU'RE NOT!!

For those who offered advice that is worth something - thanks. And yes, it is "my friend" - not me. What would I have to gain by saying it was someone else if it was me?
Oh, next time, offer some valuable advice or don't offer it at all
that was completely uncalled for, until you apologize to the Occultist, you will get no further help here. Not from me anyway.:mad:

sunnydays

that was completely uncalled for, until you apologize to the Occultist, you will get no further help here. Not from me anyway.:mad:
I'm sorry that you feel that that was uncalled for, but not everyone who has a problem or wants advice is stupid and uneducated and that's what some "advice" sounds like. A mistake was made and I was just seeking some help. Telling someone "to stop being stupid" is not advice that is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">