• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appointment of administratrix

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blbafcpres

New York,

My client and I live in NC but her aunt passed away in 1987 while resident in a state hospital in Bronx, NY. The will was never probated and the estate was never settled. My client recently found her aunt's financial records in a box and upon further investigation there are over 12 listings as abandoned property with the state. In addition there are some stock certificates that are very old and bank passbooks and need to be researched to determine their value. First and foremost we need help completeing the forms to have my client appointed as Administratrix in order to get more information from the state as to the value of those 12 accounts. Not knowing the exact value of what we are dealing with we don't want to eat up what little there is with legal fees. Any help completeing these forms would be greatly appreciated. You may contact me by phone at 919-844-1981, Brian Biederman or email [email protected] We are not opposed to a contingency agreement if you are willing to do some of or direct the call that need to be made. PS this sound like a great project for a law student.

You Are Guilty

PS this sound like a great project for a law student.
And also a great case of practising law without a license.

Barring small claims, Surrogates Court is one of the most pro se friendly courts in the state. Surrogates Bronx is located at: Surrogate, Bronx County, 851 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10451. All the forms (and instructions) you could ever need are here:
http://www.courts.state.ny.us/forms/surrogates/index.shtml

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">