• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Troubles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boli2006

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
We bought a car in November. When we drove it home it was fine. It seemed fine for a couple of weeks, then suddenly started stalling on right hand turns. Only on right hand turns. I have looked on the internet and people with the same vehicle type are having the same problem. I wrote to Chrysler and they told me to take to a local dealer for repairs. If this problem is being experienced by other people with the same car, shouldn't the company be responsible for atleast looking into it. Just to have it looked at is going to cost a lot. Is the dealer responsible at all?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
We bought a car in November. When we drove it home it was fine. It seemed fine for a couple of weeks, then suddenly started stalling on right hand turns. Only on right hand turns. I have looked on the internet and people with the same vehicle type are having the same problem. I wrote to Chrysler and they told me to take to a local dealer for repairs. If this problem is being experienced by other people with the same car, shouldn't the company be responsible for atleast looking into it. Just to have it looked at is going to cost a lot. Is the dealer responsible at all?
And of course you'd like to tell us what year this car is?

teflon_jones

Your post lacks any relevant information to help answer your question. What year is the car? Did you buy it new or used? From a dealer or private party? Explain everything you can about the situation...

boli2006

More info

Sorry about the lack of info. We bought it used from a dealer. It is a 1997 Dodge Neon Highline. Hope this helps.

BL

A dealer of the manufacture of your vehicle should know if there is a TBS on the issue , if there is a recall that would cover the repair , etc .

Call one up , explain your problem and ask .

You could shoot over to batauto.com forum under domestic and follow the posting rules and ask .

There's plenty of knowledgeable folks there .

teflon_jones

Lemon laws don't apply to 10 year old cars.

Did you have it inspected before you paid for it? Did you get any kind of warranty?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">