• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing for a law firm for Confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

T-boogie

Suing a for Confidentiality

I just want to know can you sue your employer who happens to be a law firm for a Confidentiality. A attorney of the firm I work for went and told my supervior something Confidental about my medical history. As a result my supervisor and others were laughing and making jokes about my condition. One who even said that I mad a terrorist threat against my employer which is untrue. Do I have any grounds to sue. My medical history is my business not the firm I work for. Can someone help me with this...

ALawyer

Suing a law fim, with all its lawyers, is usually futile. But here there may be a case under the AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT and any privacy acts. It may depend on how the attorney learned of the condition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">