• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigd43606

What is the name of your state? OHIO

Maybe this catagory will yeild an answer. I bought an appartment building about a year ago, aparently the previous owner had a tennant evition. The tennant retailiated by plugging all of the drains and turning on the water and sealing the door before shimming down the outside of the building. This flooded the upstairs aparmnent and two below it. The old owner recieved a insurance claim check to fix this which he used a very small amount to touch up the paint and clean the carpet, and pocketed the rest. He did nothing for the water in the walls, a year and a half later now that I own the building the water soaked insulation has attracted mold and i have a huge repair bill coming to me. The way I see it there were three people who should have informed me of this problem before I purchased the building. The old owner should have informed me there was recent flooding(and should have fixed it corectly), The home inspection company who missed water damage, the company who conducted a mold test during the inspection and found it free of mold. Do I have any Recouse against any of these people for my loss. The mold test was conducted because there was a higher humidity level found in a few of the aparments, inspector pointed to window condensation(fog), although he claimed it was from the showers.

Any suggestions or am I Up the creek????????

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">