• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mother is not receiving the same benefits...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saber

My mother (and a friend of mine) work at the same nonprofit. After talking with my friend about her benefit choices, I was AMAZED at how many plans she could choose from...Blue Shield, Aetna, HealthNet, Kaiser, etc...
My mother has been there for years and she has only been offered the Kaiser Senior Advantage plan. She was told that was her ONLY choice...and we have that documented.
My friend went to speak to the Executive Director about this today at work. The Executive Director told her to keep it quiet because the seniors aren't being offered the same benefit choices due to COST to the corporation!!!
Isn't this a clear act of discrimination against the seniors (or even the folks who are old enough to almost be seniors aren't told this stuff!)
The seniors are told they get one choice. The younger folks get to make atleast 10 others!
What do we do??

And what if my friend gets fired for saying something about it?

This is in California.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">