• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support confusion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jsam

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My husband has a child from a previous marriage she is 14. At the time of their divorce both resided in NY and he was in the Navy. Now about 8 years later his ex-wife has moved to PA and has recently received large settlement after her second husband passed away. She has also gotten a better job and now lives back at home with her parents (no mortgage or rent). On our side of this we have moved to Arizona and had three more children and his income has also increased. Is this a mess or what? Which state would do the modification and which of these factors would affect the calculations? Please help us we are barely getting by and she wants more money. He has never been late on a payment and we take care of his daughters medical, dental and travel expenses. Could she ask for money from previous years if she never asked for a modification then? We increase the child support twice since he got out of the Navy without a court ordered change because the original agreement states he should pay 17%, not a set amount.
Thank you anyone for your help.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My husband has a child from a previous marriage she is 14. At the time of their divorce both resided in NY and he was in the Navy. Now about 8 years later his ex-wife has moved to PA and has recently received large settlement after her second husband passed away. She has also gotten a better job and now lives back at home with her parents (no mortgage or rent). On our side of this we have moved to Arizona and had three more children and his income has also increased. Is this a mess or what? Which state would do the modification and which of these factors would affect the calculations? Please help us we are barely getting by and she wants more money. He has never been late on a payment and we take care of his daughters medical, dental and travel expenses. Could she ask for money from previous years if she never asked for a modification then? We increase the child support twice since he got out of the Navy without a court ordered change because the original agreement states he should pay 17%, not a set amount.
Thank you anyone for your help.
He can file for modification in the state she currently resides. To know how much would be required would mean going to that state's support calculator with all relevant amounts.

Jsam

Can you tell me how to access that calculator? I am very curious about what factors contribute to the final amout owed per month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">