• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not a citizen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janko

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I’m a citizen of Poland, living in US, Maryland for five years, currently on H visa. I work and pay taxes in the US. I have an apartment in Poland which I’m planning to sell and invest the money in funds in Poland. There are no taxes in Poland for selling apartment which I was owner for more then five years. A gain from bank accounts and funds are taxed, and the tax is taken automatically by banks.
I would like to know if I have any tax obligations here in the US from selling my apartment in Poland and from funds gains. If yes how to calculate taxes?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I’m a citizen of Poland, living in US, Maryland for five years, currently on H visa. I work and pay taxes in the US. I have an apartment in Poland which I’m planning to sell and invest the money in funds in Poland. There are no taxes in Poland for selling apartment which I was owner for more then five years. A gain from bank accounts and funds are taxed, and the tax is taken automatically by banks.
I would like to know if I have any tax obligations here in the US from selling my apartment in Poland and from funds gains. If yes how to calculate taxes?
No. You are not a legal resident (green card holder) or citizen of the US (for tax purposes) therefore you are not liable for taxes on your world-wide income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">