• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Start-up sport printer needs to know how to deal with legalities.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hello, I live in Washington State and am starting my sports art business on the internet. I need to find out what the correct course of action to take is when I produce and sell a print. My prints are hand crafted yet clearly depict the subject. If it's Ken Griffey Jr., it's obvious. I'll even title the print "Junior" and hope to work with athletes someday in getting a limited number signed by them. Is there some sort of resource that can connect you to an athlete's representation? I'm aware that Nike owns the image of Griffey. How do I find out who owns the image of an athlete? By using a photograph as the building block for a print(though the final product looks nothing like the original photograph in size and design)is it then required to get clearance from the photographer? My prints are in limited editions ranging from 10 to 50 in number. They are hand done with no photographic processes except to blow up images on a copy machine to use as a rough outline.(www.dempseystudios.com). The asking price is large enough for me to gladly pay out royalties but I need to know how to get in touch with the right people. Thank You.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

FOllowing should be helpful:

1. check with the teams they are on/were on to see if they have the info.
2. check with william morris and creative artists agency -- they rep sports people all the time.
3.http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Business_to_Business/Sports/Management/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">