• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manufacturing arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

i'm scared

1 year ago My boyfriend and I, along with 1 other person whom I call the "responsible party", were arrested for manufacturing of methamphetamine, I was detained for 9 hours, of which time i was fingerprinted ,etc. then released with papers stating "detained but not arrested", My Boyfriend the same but he was transported to county jail, and kept overnight, then because the officer in charge wanted to see the contents of a safe on the premises of my Boyfriends house, he was released into the officers custody and upon opening of the safe and allowing it to be searched, he was released with the same paper work. Detained but not arrested. "The responsible party" has since been sentenced to 5 yrs. Or so we have heard!

We were both told upon signing of said release papers, KNOW this you were arrested! your papers just state that you were only detained but not arrested. What exactly does this mean? and how long is the statutes of limitations on such charges. (11379.6 HS) We live in CA. also how can we go about finding info from "the responsible party's" trial. There were also hunting rifles taken by search warrant as in addition to search warrant, belonging to my boyfriend, that we would like to recover how to go about that?
Also we have been told by the police dept. that we are not allowed copies of the pollice report. Why would that be?

Thank you in advance!!!!

racer72

I believe you can be held up to 72 hours before you would be considered arrested. This allows the police to gather evidence that may be use against you in a court of law. The police probably had no intention of arresting you but by having you out of the way allowed them to go about there job without distraction. The arrest record of the "responsible party" is considered private and cannot be released. The court procedings should be considered public record and you should be allowed access under the freedom of information act. Check to see if the court has an ombudsman (usually a volunteer that assists in providing information about the courts) or check with a court clerk. To retrieve the rifles, your boyfriend will probably have to file a claim with the police property division. He will need proof of ownership also. An uncle had 3 rifles stolen, and the police recovered them from a neighbor. He had a receipt for one and got it back immediatly, he won the other 2 playing poker and had no proof of ownership. He never got them back.

I

i'm scared

thank you racer72

To racer72 a sincere THANK YOU for your reply to my posted thread!!! It is greatly appreciated!

i'm scared

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">