• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

btyner3

I have been working on my job for about a year now. The first six months I was scheduled for less than 30 hours a week. The last six months I have been scheduled for 30 or more. In our employee handbook it states that full time employees (30+ hours a week) will receive benefits after three months. I filled out the paper work and submitted it to the HR/Payroll department and waited for the three months to go by. I forgot about it and six months went by. I had not recieved any notifiaction so I called the supervisor of HR/Payroll. She told me that since I had some non-paid sich days and non-paid vacation days that I was not meeting the requirement. I would only get benifits if I worked 30 or more hours every week for a continous three months.

Is this correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">