• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W-2 for teenager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

txmomof2

What is the name of your state? Texas

My daughter worked for a pizza place from April-October of last year. The owner closed the business down as he was not paying his bills.

Her last two paychecks were "handwritten checks" on his business account- so I have no "stub" that shows the true year to date, and the amount of taxes taken out in total.

We've not yet received her W-2 and I have no contact information for her former employer.

In the event I don't get a w-2, what is the best course of action? She didn't make much, and isn't "required" to file, but I'd like her to get the small amount of taxes she has paid in.

She called one of her former co-workers last night to see if they had received theirs, and they had not.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Texas

My daughter worked for a pizza place from April-October of last year. The owner closed the business down as he was not paying his bills.

Her last two paychecks were "handwritten checks" on his business account- so I have no "stub" that shows the true year to date, and the amount of taxes taken out in total.

We've not yet received her W-2 and I have no contact information for her former employer.

In the event I don't get a w-2, what is the best course of action? She didn't make much, and isn't "required" to file, but I'd like her to get the small amount of taxes she has paid in.

She called one of her former co-workers last night to see if they had received theirs, and they had not.
He likely didn't withhold or pay any taxes on those last two checks.

Read this article for information on what to do:

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=106470,00.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">