• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Miamidlpns

I was suspended for two weeks because I missed the first day of a three day meeting. The reason I missed the first day was because of my wife's illness. I called office at 8:00 am and left message stating that I had a family emergency and wouldn't be able to attend the first day of meeting. I called at 11:00 at the place of meeting and left message stating that I would not be there due to family emergency, but that I would be there on the following day for the last two days of training. The first day of meeting was to go to the Monterey aquarium, there was no work related topics to be discussed the first day of the meeting. I called again at 10:00 PM trying to get a call back from my boss to let her know that I would be attending the next two days, my supervisor called back and told me it was to late, not to show up and they would contact me sometime the following week. This was Dec. 13th on Dec. 18th I went to the office to find out where I stood with my job. I was told that I would be suspended for two weeks and that it would start on Jan. 2nd through the 15th, I was told that the suspension would start after the holidays so that I wouldn't enjoy my time off. Do I have any recourse against my employer for harassment or wrongful suspension?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">