• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full Accounting of Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peppylady

What is the name of your state? Florida

My father died in Oct 05. My brother has been personal respresentative a year already. How do I go about getting a full accounting of my father's estate. Meaning how much money has been spent for bills, taxes and legal fees.

Thank you so much in advance.

justalayman

you go to the probate court that is overseeing the probate of the estate and get a copy of the file. It is public record and available to you, probably with a reasonable copying fee or such.

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? Florida

My father died in Oct 05. My brother has been personal respresentative a year already. How do I go about getting a full accounting of my father's estate. Meaning how much money has been spent for bills, taxes and legal fees.

Thank you so much in advance.
A full accounting will not be available until the estate is ready to close. Make sure the idiot PR does a FORMAL accounting, which is a real PITA!

peppylady

Dandy I have not received on notice of any court hearings on my father's estate. He did however add money that was left to me as POD as part of the estate inventory. In otherwords he added it in with the rest of the money that is in probate...ie my father's checking acct and some stocks. He is as you know still trying to sue me for the money I got POD...he just won't let it go. What I would like to see how much money he is spending on legal fees. His attorney won't talk to me. I do however have my own attorney who is overseeing my POD money with the lawsuite. Should he be able to get a final acct of my father's assets.? Can my stupid brother even close probate as long as is trying to sue me? I ask this question before but I got no anwser. Why can't he closed the estate even though he's trying to sue me? He can't use the estate money for the lawsuit or can he??

kriskris

North Carolina

I am the executor to my Grandfather's estate and I'm getting ready to close the estate. When I went to the clerk of court today she told me that the amounts had to match the inventory amounts. Well his stock has increased since he passed. Is that money to be distributed as part of the estate? Also I have leased his home to the folks that have now bought it so there is the lease money, monthly that has been added to the bank account, is it to be divided in the estate? I guess what I'm also asking is what is the process of the estate vrs the inventory by the auditors after it is closed?

peppylady

what I am saying is that stupid brother added money to the inventory that realiisticly is not there. I have the money. But he is stupid and added it to the inventory thinking he was going to sue me for them money. That money was left to me POD and thought it unfair that my deceased dad would do such a thing. We are now in such a horrible legal battle that has cost me out of my iown pocket over $30,000.00. We are going to mediation it will soon be over. I know he won't take it to trial. But how is he going to get that money off the inventory list. I also want to know why there were no hearings on my father's probateed estate in probate court. I got no letter of hearings from him or anyone else. I would really like to know how much he has spent on legal fees because what I've been told he can only spend so much if I spent over 30,000.00 he had to spend about the same or more. I am just sick over this and I know my father would turn over in his grave if he knew this. That is why my dad left me money because he knew my brother would be unfair and now look at it. I never had to fight so hard for something that was given to me as a gift of love.

About your question? I think you would have to bring all the bills and such like the stock amounts to probate court and show the judge. Dandy Don would know the answer to tate.

BlondiePB

North Carolina

I am the executor to my Grandfather's estate and I'm getting ready to close the estate. When I went to the clerk of court today she told me that the amounts had to match the inventory amounts. Well his stock has increased since he passed. Is that money to be distributed as part of the estate? Also I have leased his home to the folks that have now bought it so there is the lease money, monthly that has been added to the bank account, is it to be divided in the estate? I guess what I'm also asking is what is the process of the estate vrs the inventory by the auditors after it is closed?
You have hijacked another person's thread rather than starting your own. If you have private messaging enabled, I can assist you with your problem. The reason I won't on the forum is because what I know can be useful to unscrupulous people.

BlondiePB

what I am saying is that stupid brother added money to the inventory that realiisticly is not there. I have the money. But he is stupid and added it to the inventory thinking he was going to sue me for them money. That money was left to me POD and thought it unfair that my deceased dad would do such a thing. We are now in such a horrible legal battle that has cost me out of my iown pocket over $30,000.00. We are going to mediation it will soon be over. I know he won't take it to trial. But how is he going to get that money off the inventory list. I also want to know why there were no hearings on my father's probateed estate in probate court. I got no letter of hearings from him or anyone else. I would really like to know how much he has spent on legal fees because what I've been told he can only spend so much if I spent over 30,000.00 he had to spend about the same or more. I am just sick over this and I know my father would turn over in his grave if he knew this. That is why my dad left me money because he knew my brother would be unfair and now look at it. I never had to fight so hard for something that was given to me as a gift of love.

About your question? I think you would have to bring all the bills and such like the stock amounts to probate court and show the judge. Dandy Don would know the answer to tate.
The court and your idiot brother do not have to notify you of any probate hearings. You need to call/go to the courthouse and find out when hearings are being held.

kriskris

You have hijacked another person's thread rather than starting your own. If you have private messaging enabled, I can assist you with your problem. The reason I won't on the forum is because what I know can be useful to unscrupulous people.

Sorry I have no idea how this forum works. Thanks I will try to start a new one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">