• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Move states for long term care, can you maintain your residency.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bnewmark

What is the name of your state? PA

I am trying to help someone who was a NV resident. In 2006 they were moved to NC for a while into an assisted living community, then to CA into an assisted living community for dementia care. They would like to maintain their NV residency at least for 2006, but there is no longer an address there.

It has always been my understanding that if you move from one state to another and go directly into a medical facility, then you don't automatically become a resident of that state.

How can we claim NV residency for 2006 on the tax returns?What is the name of your state?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? PA

I am trying to help someone who was a NV resident. In 2006 they were moved to NC for a while into an assisted living community, then to CA into an assisted living community for dementia care. They would like to maintain their NV residency at least for 2006, but there is no longer an address there.

It has always been my understanding that if you move from one state to another and go directly into a medical facility, then you don't automatically become a resident of that state.

How can we claim NV residency for 2006 on the tax returns?What is the name of your state?
Sorry, this is legal advice site NOT illegal advice. We don't assist people committing fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">