• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disablity insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MKWheeler

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA I bought disablity insurance and thought i had a policy I took out an application on Sept. 8th 2006 and payed first premium in cash to my agent. Had to do medical exaime for them. did not get my policy until Nov. and took out monthly eft for Dec 21st 2006 I had to change banks and they tried to get money before i could send them notice Which i did and signed new eft . They sent me notice the my policy lapased and how much and wanted new exaime on me. They said I was payed to Nov 8th and since changed the date my policy lapased to Oct 8th . I have 31 days to pay my insurance and will stay inforce I got hurt on Nov 30th and they say I have a claim But because policy is not inforce they womt take it. But they would not take my new EFT and I have sent check for the amount of the first notice and they want more money because the say I only had Sept 8th paid. And didnt pay anymore I tried to make it right as soon as i could I want to know if I payed said amount do i hve a claim

moburkes

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA I bought disablity insurance and thought i had a policy I took out an application on Sept. 8th 2006 and payed first premium in cash to my agent. Had to do medical exaime for them. did not get my policy until Nov. and took out monthly eft for Dec 21st 2006 I had to change banks and they tried to get money before i could send them notice Which i did and signed new eft . They sent me notice the my policy lapased and how much and wanted new exaime on me. They said I was payed to Nov 8th and since changed the date my policy lapased to Oct 8th . I have 31 days to pay my insurance and will stay inforce I got hurt on Nov 30th and they say I have a claim But because policy is not inforce they womt take it. But they would not take my new EFT and I have sent check for the amount of the first notice and they want more money because the say I only had Sept 8th paid. And didnt pay anymore I tried to make it right as soon as i could I want to know if I payed said amount do i hve a claim
I'd love to answer your question, but you've got so many run on sentences that it is hard to understand you. Your coverage began in Sept, and you were eventually approved. YOur 2nd payment, which would have covered October, wasn't paid until December, and it didn't clear. Therefore, there WAS a lapse in coverage. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure that the payments are made, and on time. Insurance companies are not forgiving of payment mistakes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">