• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficary Tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

liverpool

What is the name of your state? CA
Could someone please tell me if I have to pay an inheritence tax and what is the percentage. :confused: I am to receive a sum of approximately $200,000 from my first cousin. Thank you.

Betty

What is the name of your state? CA
Could someone please tell me if I have to pay an inheritence tax and what is the percentage. :confused: I am to receive a sum of approximately $200,000 from my first cousin. Thank you.
Ca., $200,000 - no inheritance tax state or federal.

Dandy Don

Be sure to check with a local CPA or tax preparer to verify whether this is true, or call the IRS customer service number to find out yourself.

Betty

Ca. doesn't even have an inheritance tax & no fed. inheritance tax on $200,000. OP - you can call the IRS/CPA & verify though if you so desire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">