• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales::LSD>MDMA>Marijauna>Pills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandito

What is the name of your state? California. :eek: Last week the Orange PD served a warrent on my car, my house, and for me in the city of Huntington. The narcs got me for 1 count (felony) possesion marijauna for sale, 2 counts (felony) possesion for sale, 2 counts (felony) transp/sell cntl, and 1 counts (misdemeanor) sell prohibit chemicals.

This is my 1st offense, and the judge would not OR me due to the DA saying "she's a threat to society". From my car and my house they confiscated: a small of amount of xanax, norcos, and a few grams of pure powdered MDMA. 22 hits of acid, about a quarter pound of marijauna, 2 scales, 2 activated cell phones in my name, $1,500 in cash, and my digital camera, which later to find out while in custody has incriminating evidence.:confused: I'm really upset over the whole ordeal mainly cuz I've been doing this for 7 years, lived in this house for only a month, and later relize one of my clients snitched to "work off charges" as they call it. The reason to beleive its him: just did 170 days in jail, gets out for 2 months, gets arrested in HB by the way for cocaine. Calls me the next day saying he's out on bail. He's on formal probabtion and is some how out on bail?? I believe there is no such thing. Am I right to think it is him?

A older man told me "whatever agency the snitch got arrested in then thats the agency that issues a warrent for your house, now was he aressted in Orange?" I would like to know more about snitching, cuz the little I do know came from fellow inmates & the narcotics officers that raided me. They must have sat me down in my house for about 3-4 hours trying to get me to snitch. I had nothing to say but was in total shock by the things they tried to basically bribe me with. Telling me "if you give us another dealer we could drop everything right now if you get in our tinted car and point & drive by this fellows house, then later be put in protective custody". I was so shocked. Does stuff like this happen all the time?? Later in custody a sheriff told me so. "these days everyone snitches".
Am I suppost to continue on this snitch train and keep it going so I can watch more & more of my friends go to jail just to lower my case? or is it all bull**** and in the end the cops get everything & I still get my 5 felonies??

Also does anyone what I could possibly be facing?? I was told the {LSD} thing about involentary manslaughter was a myth??

Last edited:

CdwJava

bandito said:
This is my 1st offense, and the judge would not OR me due to the DA saying "she's a threat to society".
A judge would be a fool to release O/R a person with multiple felonies pending. This is NOT unusual. What would have been unusual would have been an O/R release.

From my car and my house they confiscated: a small of amount of xanax, norcos, and a few grams of pure powdered MDMA. 22 hits of acid, about a quarter pound of marijauna, 2 scales, 2 activated cell phones in my name, $1,500 in cash, and my digital camera, which later to find out while in custody has incriminating evidence.
Very, very bad!

I'm really upset over the whole ordeal mainly cuz I've been doing this for 7 years, lived in this house for only a month, and later relize one of my clients snitched to "work off charges" as they call it.
Well, duh! You're in one of those careers that seems fine until you get caught. This was the risk you ran, and now you got jammed up because of it.

The reason to beleive its him: just did 170 days in jail, gets out for 2 months, gets arrested in HB by the way for cocaine. Calls me the next day saying he's out on bail. He's on formal probabtion and is some how out on bail?? I believe there is no such thing. Am I right to think it is him?
First, does it matter if it's him? Are you gonna put out a 'hit' or something? You may well find out in court who it is anyway.

Second, people DO get released on bail - even if on probation. It's rare, but depending on the original charges he can still make bail. In a county the size of Orange County I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Probation folks would have a chance to get the report and revoke probation inside of even a full week! Even then, they have to petition the court within a short period of time (I believe 48 hours) if they wish to hold the person.

A older man told me "whatever agency the snitch got arrested in then thats the agency that issues a warrent for your house, now was he aressted in Orange?"
It was probably a task force. They get their sources from all over, and they seek a warrant from the appropriate county court. The officer seeking the warrant is usually part of the task force and may or may not be from the city where the warrant is served or the lead was obtained. It just depends on who was assigned the case.

Does stuff like this happen all the time?? Later in custody a sheriff told me so. "these days everyone snitches".
It does ... dopers are not the most honorable, reputable, or even decent human beings. However, they are also notorious liars and often tell you complete B.S. just because they think you want to hear it, so you cannot always trust what comes out of their mouth. Hence the reason they use two or three (or more) different sources of information prior to obtaining a warrant. Even if your little friend was A snitch, it's very likely they had additional information as well ... likely other buys or other informants. And apparently they were right - you ARE a dealer.

Also does anyone what I could possibly be facing?? I was told the {LSD} thing about involentary manslaughter was a myth??
Why? Did someone die? If you gave someone drugs and they died, one could make a case for manslaughter. It's rare, but it does happen.

As for what you are facing, it really depends on the specifics of your charges. Specifically, what offenses (code sections) have you been charged with? On the face of it I'd say consecutive sentences would be in the 15+ year range. More than likely you will serve 2 or 3 years in state prison, a huge fine, and a few years on parole.

- Carl

bandito

()()()()()()()

2 counts 11378 possesion for sale
2 counts 11379 (A) transp/sell controlled substance
1 counts 11359 poss marijuana for sale
1 counts 11375 (B)(1) sell prohibit chemicals

CdwJava

bandito said:
2 counts 11378 possesion for sale
Up to three years per charge ...

2 counts 11379 (A) transp/sell controlled substance
Up to 4 years per charge for a first offense ... up to 9 years per charge if they can show out of county delivery ...

1 counts 11359 poss marijuana for sale
Up to three years ...

1 counts 11375 (B)(1) sell prohibit chemicals
Up to three years.

So, if taken consecutively and assuming no transportation out of county, you are looking at up to 20 years in state prison.

You've been a very, very naughty person. Speak to an attorney ASAP as you face some VERY serious charges and the state is NOT likely to just piss this away to some small possession charge. You are what we call "a big score".

- Carl

smutlydog

I would like to know more about snitching,
Right now you are in a state of shock and assume you know who did this to you. More times than not the snitch will end up being someone you least suspected. That why you should walk a straight line and reframe from speaking to anybody that has anything at all to do with drugs. Not just while you are waiting for this to blow over but for the rest of your life. It's time for a new career.

CdwJava

smutlydog said:
It's time for a new career.
I'm taking bets against that happening ...

Sorry ... too much of a cynic, and seen too many folks travel this road to see a single arrest detering them.

- Carl

garrula lingua

That sentence calculation is wrong.

I wish it were 20 years max.

It's six years max.

Cal uses a base term & 1/3 the midterm of other charges when sentenced in one case.
Ergo, 4 yrs, 8 mos, 8 mos & 8 mos. = 6 yrs.
Should be higher for dealers.

OP: this is a cost of doing business - simply your business overhead.
Remember all that money you made on the users who bought from you ? Now it's payday.

I wish it were 20 years max.

smutlydog

I'm taking bets against that happening ...

Sorry ... too much of a cynic, and seen too many folks travel this road to see a single arrest detering them.

- Carl
Do you think that second time makes any difference or at what point do you believe change is more likely? I am a counselor in training and plan to work indirectly with the criminal justice system. My theory is that individuals get shuffled through the system with the assumption that addiction is the problem. In some cases it may be but I think the real issue for many of these individuals is actually low self esteem. It takes someone with a very low self concept of him or herself to believe that the highest achievable goal in life is to become a drug dealer.

CdwJava

garrula lingua said:
Cal uses a base term & 1/3 the midterm of other charges when sentenced in one case.
Ergo, 4 yrs, 8 mos, 8 mos & 8 mos. = 6 yrs.
Should be higher for dealers.
It might be ... remember, the Fed. courts just tossed into serious question CA's mandatory sentencing guidelines. Who knows what the near future holds. :D

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">