• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ewg

I was layed off in October of 2000. Although I had seniority, I was the one layed off because my supervisor said that the other employee "fit in better". While I was employeed full-time, my supervisor did not foster an orderly work environment. I was never given a policy and procedures manual, I was never notified of the policies and procedures of the company, even regarding holiday and vacation time. All issues of that relevance were dealt with as the situation arose. My supervisor, also a women, also made sexual comments regarding my sex life, (I made it a point that I was waiting to have sex until I was married, and she frequently made fun of that and tried to get me to change my mind). I was also told to wear thicker bras, my supervisor claimed that you were able to see my nipples when I got cold through my regular bra and shirt. I was also subjected to a rash of other unfair treatment, but I don't know if this would be considered sexual harassment, or if I really have a case because I never said anything until I was let go. She layed me off due to lack of work, she is now hiring but won't hire me back because she said that she heard that I didn't like how I was treated there. What do you think? Should I talk to a lawyer?

B

buddy2bear

As for hiring back -- why would you want to go back to that environment? As for seniority -- it doesn't count for dit, unless you are a member of a union. With respect to being "laid off," are you collecting unemployment?

If you believe you were sexually harassed (which might be possible, although "same sex" is still up-in-the-air, so to speak), then file a charge with the EEOC. You must go through the administrative process first before hiring a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">