• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TO LAWRAT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

infamous

O.k here it is in a nut shell. I was arrested in tucson arizona for using a counterfeit moneyorder at sears i was charged with 3 class 2 felonies
1.theft
2.fraud
3.trafficing because i am from phoenix

it is my first offense and i cant really afford a lawyer so i have to use a P.D.
it was a total of 9000.00 of money orders and gift cards that where purchased with these money orders.
my question is should i just plead guilty and hope i get a reduced sentence or should i continue to use the same defense i told the arresting officer which was i didnt know the where counterfit and that someone gave them to me as payment for a motorcycle i sold.
please give me any advance you can
thanks in advance
ivan

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Have you thought about consulting with a legal aid foundation near you to see if they can help you?

These are very serious felonies. See if Arizona has any type of diversion program or delayed conviction program (i.e. it is dismissed if you stay out of trouble for a certain amount of time). If you truly didn't know they were counterfeit, then you have a good defense because these felonies require intent on your part to deceive.

If it is not the truth, trust me when I tell you the d.a. can find out very easily. See what type of plea the d.a. is willing to take if all else fails.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">