• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vice bust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shellygirl

What is the name of your state? TN
My boyfriend was busted by undercover vice. They said they had a drug complaint. Is that really a tip or a rat. The guy that came over right before the cops was adament to light one up and he was only given a citation and was allowed to leave knowing he was driving on a expired license. Another guy showed up while undercover was here and before he stepped in the house the cops searched him and found a lb and the person he was riding with had to have someone pick him up because he did not have a license. Can they search a person just for ringing the door bell and is it strange that one person was allowed to drive off with no license and knowing he was just smoking and the other who was not smoking and was not here when it went down was not? My boyfriend was charged with 76grams with intent/felony and para. including 2 scales/misdo. Is this bad? 1st offense Never been in trouble before.

shellygirl

Shay-Pari'e

Have you ever thought about taking Druggie 101 classes? You need to, and you need more help than this forum can supply you with.

Stay tuned, I'm sure Carl will catch your post.

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? TN
My boyfriend was busted by undercover vice. They said they had a drug complaint. Is that really a tip or a rat. The guy that came over right before the cops was adament to light one up and he was only given a citation and was allowed to leave knowing he was driving on a expired license. Another guy showed up while undercover was here and before he stepped in the house the cops searched him and found a lb and the person he was riding with had to have someone pick him up because he did not have a license. Can they search a person just for ringing the door bell and is it strange that one person was allowed to drive off with no license and knowing he was just smoking and the other who was not smoking and was not here when it went down was not? So you are saying the guy was smoking but the police let him go? You are also saying that a guy that was not in the home during the bust can drive? Carl has his hands full on this post.

My boyfriend was charged with 76grams with intent/felony and para. including 2 scales/misdo. Is this bad? 1st offense Never been in trouble before.

shellygirl

Good Luck Carl, this one is all your's, but I doubt the girl will listen.

shellygirl

Yes the guy that was here and smoking was allowed to drive off w/o a license and a guy who was just riding with someone who came over after the bust and was sitting in the car when his friend came to the door had to call a ride. The cops went to the car and brought him inside.

ceara19

Yes the guy that was here and smoking was allowed to drive off w/o a license and a guy who was just riding with someone who came over after the bust and was sitting in the car when his friend came to the door had to call a ride. The cops went to the car and brought him inside.
What anyone else was charged with or not charged with is irrelevant. Your boyfriend as been charged with a drug felony. Instead of trying to help him, why not help yourself?

Shay-Pari'e

What anyone else was charged with or not charged with is irrelevant. Your boyfriend as been charged with a drug felony. Instead of trying to help him, why not help yourself?

Because she is in love and in the lower class of sociaty. This is where our tax dollors go. She is sooooooooooooo out of luck on this one, and there is not person here that can raise her self esteem.

shellygirl

You really should not judge people w/o knowing who they are. I have a corporate full-time job and I am a full-time college student. I do not have any kids and do not get help from the state. I do not rent or am I on section-8, I own my home. I am x-military. I am not in the lower class of society and it also my tax dollars that are being spent. If you are so on the upper end of society why are you even posting messages on this website. I do not have a problem with anyone smoking weed and I am not going to give up on my boyfriend for selling dimes and quarters so he can smoke for free. If you are going to judge get off of this website. I am only looking for info because this is new to me.

Ozark_Sophist

Pot is against the law. It is also more harmful than cigarettes. At autoposy, lungs from a person who smokes only pot are much worse than a person who smokes only tobacco. The lungs look like a pork steak that has been charbroiled.

Arrests and convictions for drugs can impact your current employment or future employment opportunites. Drug charges are "bad." Your boyfriend needs to hire a lawyer.

If you are serious about your future, and it sounds like you are, you need to consider the consequences of associating with drug dealers or users. Otherwise, you may find yourself living below your expections in a lower class.

tranquility

I didn't read that carefully for a number of reasons, but want to say one thing. Stop worrying about what the cops did or didn't do to other people. The police don't have to be fair or explain their reasoning to you. They don't have to do things in the same way even if the facts are exactly the same. Unless the reason for the different treatment is *because* of some prohibited reason (like race) it will never affect your case. Even if it was done for a prohibited reason, that is usually only going to be proven statistically. Proving bad intent for a prohibited reason is not easy and would required more than differing testimony between the parties.

seniorjudge

Pot is against the law. It is also more harmful than cigarettes. At autoposy, lungs from a person who smokes only pot are much worse than a person who smokes only tobacco. The lungs look like a pork steak that has been charbroiled.

Arrests and convictions for drugs can impact your current employment or future employment opportunites. Drug charges are "bad." Your boyfriend needs to hire a lawyer.

If you are serious about your future, and it sounds like you are, you need to consider the consequences of associating with drug dealers or users. Otherwise, you may find yourself living below your expections in a lower class.
For example, shellygirl, if the cops find dope in YOUR car, it gets sold.

CdwJava

shellygirl said:
My boyfriend was busted by undercover vice. They said they had a drug complaint.
That doesn't usually happen to people who aren't using or dealing drugs.

Is that really a tip or a rat.
Dunno. It's at least a complaint about drugs. Quite possibly the neighbors got tired of the coming and going from his apartments, and the clouds of aromatic smoke wafting from the door and windows.

The guy that came over right before the cops was adament to light one up and he was only given a citation and was allowed to leave knowing he was driving on a expired license.
Lucky for him. Obviously they were less concerned with the user than the dealer.

Another guy showed up while undercover was here and before he stepped in the house the cops searched him and found a lb
I HATE it when that happens. My friends always show up with pockets full of dope. :rolleyes:

This is what we in law enforcement call: "A clue". It tells us that your boyfriend is either a serious user, or is dealing.

Can they search a person just for ringing the door bell
No. But that is not why they searched him.

My boyfriend was charged with 76grams with intent/felony and para. including 2 scales/misdo. Is this bad?
Yes, it's bad. That's just short of three pounds of marijuana with indicia of sales.

He needs to talk to an attorney ASAP. And you might consider a boyfriend with a brighter future.

- Carl

fairisfair

That doesn't usually happen to people who aren't using or dealing drugs.

Dunno. It's at least a complaint about drugs. Quite possibly the neighbors got tired of the coming and going from his apartments, and the clouds of aromatic smoke wafting from the door and windows.

Lucky for him. Obviously they were less concerned with the user than the dealer.

I HATE it when that happens. My friends always show up with pockets full of dope. :rolleyes:

This is what we in law enforcement call: "A clue". It tells us that your boyfriend is either a serious user, or is dealing.

No. But that is not why they searched him.

Yes, it's bad. That's just short of three pounds of marijuana with indicia of sales.

He needs to talk to an attorney ASAP. And you might consider a boyfriend with a brighter future.

- Carl

huh???? 76 grams = 2.6 ounces. Or have I been away from all that for way too long???:

CdwJava

fairisfair said:
huh???? 76 grams = 2.6 ounces. Or have I been away from all that for way too long???:
My bad ... I worked late, got up even later, and my coffee was still being brewed.

I ws stuck on 28.5 grams equaling something and the ol' ounce/pound conversion apparently was only half working.

Still sufficient for sales.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">