• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

in rem forfeiture complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

giddyupjh

What is the name of your state? iowa

I havent been charged with anything yet they took 810 dollars from me when they pulled me over told me they would drop charges if i helped them out the next day they made me sign a contract saying at the end of april i will plead guilty to possesion w intent to del and tax stamp suspended sentence with probation On jan 3rd the day they pulled me over they had me go to peoples house and collect money owed to me they filed this rem forfieture on the 12th I recieved notice cert mail on Feb 3rd It says to contest it i have to file with in 20 days of the service of the in rem forfeiture does that mean the date it was filed or the date i recieved it basically on the 3rd they took it on the 12th filed papers on the 3rd of feb i recived cert mail can i get thisd money back ???

tranquility

You've lived the facts and I bet, having experienced everything related to them, your post makes sense. To me, while I have some idea what you are talking about, I have very little idea what you are talking about.

Read your post again but pretend you had no idea of what happened other than what you wrote. Fill in the gaps. No one can help you until you do.

(Although, civil forfeiture is a bear. The answer is usually you are SOL or you should wait until the Government is ready to give it back.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">