• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Father's Will Be Done, Not Hers!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Victimized

What is the name of your state? New York
:D Hi, I'm hoping to get some real advice because I plead Ignorance in these Matters:(
:rolleyes: Here Goes...
My Father died in 2003... My sister(I'll call her Maggot, and She is by day a Paralegal and A Psychopath any other time). She made him sign Power of Attorney to her. She got his Will and I've never heard ANYTHING about it. She sold his Estate I was living in and managing for 5 years. I am the Beloved Child of My Father,His Favorite!He trusted me only to take care of the House. He trusted me only to carry his Will back and forth to his Lawyer- and I know from younger years that he wrote letters to each of his children. I peeked but didn't read. Where IS it?! She convinced even my mother to keep it all secret and turned her against me- My mother tells me now that My father doesnt own anything anymore, that she does( that's that crazy psycho putting words in her mouth)
My Father All his Life Alluded to something they weren't going to like about his Will- How can I claim My Birthright when its all being Hidden from Me?:(
How can I go Over Their Heads? How do I know, as a Paralegal, she didn't come up with her own Fraudulent Will because she's such a Jealous, Crazy B-?
She turned Everyone in the family against me (Longstanding War, me and Her) so no one tells me anything. They all hate me because I was my father's favorite anyway.
What can I do? It's so Wrong!
Please, please, offer me some advice...:D I'm in New York

BelizeBreeze

YOu do not have a "BRITHRIGHT". Go to the probate court and find out if she's file for probate. If she has, the will and all other documents are there. if not, consult a local attorney for options.

nextwife

My mother tells me now that My father doesnt own anything anymore, that she does( that's that crazy psycho putting words in her mouth)
Dearie, it is very common for married couples to hold their assets in a way that causes them to automatically pass to their spouse upon their death. Your mom is still alive, and certainly needs the assets of the marriage to live one.

Before coming here and ranting on about how you were Dad's favorite, have you actually checked probate to see what the will said,, or checked to see how the assets in question were held? Any real estate they held as JTWROS would become the sole property of the surviving Jt Tenant. And bank accounts they held together a certain way becomes mom's, any IRAs or 401ks in which mom is beneficiary go to her. Same with life insurance. It is MOST common for a married couple to leave their assets and life insurance to each other.

BTW- I was in my late teens when my dad died, and his entire estate went to my mom, not I or anyone else. And I never for a minute felt cheated - it BELONGED with her. Oh, and I was Dad's favorite as well.:)

Nobody who posted what you posted has any business calling another "that crazy psycho".

Victimized

My Father's Will Pt.2

:eek: I apologize if I sounded like I was ranting. I'm just seeking advice about how to find out how the Will was handled and what the Legal outcome is.
I thank you for telling me to check Probate Court.
;) I'm only mad at my own ignorance. All Legal knowledge is an advantage You Guys and Maggot share.
I have Glass Head Syndrome sometimes and I assume everyone knows the specifics.
It went through Probate already, and I got cut a check from my mothers account. She(Mom) said that's all that was left from the sale of the house and everyone got the same amount. (6 kids, it sold for about 765k) Dad was Meticulous about Bank Accounts and Investments.And providing for all his children, even while still alive. If there were trusts, where would that be? Is that registered somewhere, oris it just a piece of paper easily hidden?
:rolleyes: I care about Justice. I care about honoring a Person's Last Will and Testament. Honor thy Father and Mother. Between Maggot and I, I do that, she's lived in my parents house for 45 years and I moved in because she and my 40 yr old brother were running my parents ragged. They didn't get groceries, didn't do anything for the house- it was Disgusting with rats and roaches, wouldn't even carry laundry bags of their clothes to the laundry (they didn't care about repairing her broken one). Not so much as changed their own bedsheets. I (and other siblings) tried to tell them that with all the health problems my parents share, they shouldn't be doing all of that. They've both had heart attacks, strokes, you name it. But its hard to break those kinds of faimily dysfucntion.:mad:
Anyway, Maggot decided to move because she wanted to keep her Control over my parents, I was made to Pack for Them! Maggot ransacked my dad's stuff, possibly found the will, and took 200k out and bought herself a lovely house, nd mom lives with her. And I ran the Estate, being the only one to collect the rent since I was 9 anyway.
NO ONE in the Family Ever came to see about the property. Had My siblings ever done anything for the house she was living in it wouldve sold for over a million. I made the house look better than its ever looked in all ourlives but from the neglect there was only so much I could do...
:D Oops am I ranting again? I truly just want to make sure My Mother is taken care of.
Truly.
When I say she's a Nut, I can back it up at least. She told everyone I was a crackhead, pothead, methhead, was homeless, living in a shelter... All kinds of LIES-which my Mother believes....OHHHHHHHHH The Devil IS A LIAR!!! I only tell you a little bit.
When trying to get Medicaid for Dad, My OTHER sister was there and told me the Lawyer said they'd have to sign the house to me, since I was the full time caretaker of my parents. And Maggot told my Mother "She's gonna sell the house if you sign it to her" See what I mean about her? Then she goes and sells it. (Did I mention no one gave a crap that I had 2 little ones, age 1&2, one with full time special needs. And all they'd call me about was how I had to show the house to buyers.And got pissed at me they had to pay a dude and dumpste to clean out their tons of Garbage they left when they moved. Which is why the building sold that cheap- The NEGLECT) That Other Sister used to tell me how she was trying to Manipulate our mother in this situation ( But now she's lost to the Dark Side)
:(
Enough rambling... Once again, thanks for the advice..I'll check it out and see what I can find, I just needed some direction. Thanks again for your time.
Sorry if I seemed cheeky on this board. I'm lost without my Dad.:(

And if you have a nice family, You Are Truly Blessed!

Just Blue

:eek: I apologize if I sounded like I was ranting. I'm just seeking advice about how to find out how the Will was handled and what the Legal outcome is.
I thank you for telling me to check Probate Court.
;) I'm only mad at my own ignorance. All Legal knowledge is an advantage You Guys and Maggot share.
I have Glass Head Syndrome sometimes and I assume everyone knows the specifics.
It went through Probate already, and I got cut a check from my mothers account. She(Mom) said that's all that was left from the sale of the house and everyone got the same amount. (6 kids, it sold for about 765k) Dad was Meticulous about Bank Accounts and Investments.And providing for all his children, even while still alive. If there were trusts, where would that be? Is that registered somewhere, oris it just a piece of paper easily hidden?
:rolleyes: I care about Justice. I care about honoring a Person's Last Will and Testament. Honor thy Father and Mother. Between Maggot and I, I do that, she's lived in my parents house for 45 years and I moved in because she and my 40 yr old brother were running my parents ragged. They didn't get groceries, didn't do anything for the house- it was Disgusting with rats and roaches, wouldn't even carry laundry bags of their clothes to the laundry (they didn't care about repairing her broken one). Not so much as changed their own bedsheets. I (and other siblings) tried to tell them that with all the health problems my parents share, they shouldn't be doing all of that. They've both had heart attacks, strokes, you name it. But its hard to break those kinds of faimily dysfucntion.:mad:
Anyway, Maggot decided to move because she wanted to keep her Control over my parents, I was made to Pack for Them! Maggot ransacked my dad's stuff, possibly found the will, and took 200k out and bought herself a lovely house, nd mom lives with her. And I ran the Estate, being the only one to collect the rent since I was 9 anyway.
NO ONE in the Family Ever came to see about the property. Had My siblings ever done anything for the house she was living in it wouldve sold for over a million. I made the house look better than its ever looked in all ourlives but from the neglect there was only so much I could do...
:D Oops am I ranting again? I truly just want to make sure My Mother is taken care of.
Truly.
When I say she's a Nut, I can back it up at least. She told everyone I was a crackhead, pothead, methhead, was homeless, living in a shelter... All kinds of LIES-which my Mother believes....OHHHHHHHHH The Devil IS A LIAR!!! I only tell you a little bit.
When trying to get Medicaid for Dad, My OTHER sister was there and told me the Lawyer said they'd have to sign the house to me, since I was the full time caretaker of my parents. And Maggot told my Mother "She's gonna sell the house if you sign it to her" See what I mean about her? Then she goes and sells it. (Did I mention no one gave a crap that I had 2 little ones, age 1&2, one with full time special needs. And all they'd call me about was how I had to show the house to buyers.And got pissed at me they had to pay a dude and dumpste to clean out their tons of Garbage they left when they moved. Which is why the building sold that cheap- The NEGLECT) That Other Sister used to tell me how she was trying to Manipulate our mother in this situation ( But now she's lost to the Dark Side)
:(
Enough rambling... Once again, thanks for the advice..I'll check it out and see what I can find, I just needed some direction. Thanks again for your time.
Sorry if I seemed cheeky on this board. I'm lost without my Dad.:(

And if you have a nice family, You Are Truly Blessed!
I don't know if I would say you sound "cheeky"....More like you're a week or so behind on your medication...You need to police yourself...;)

xylene

Capitalizing words in an odd manor. Like not consistent with anything like standard or internet grammer... or even with a Sembelence adding logical emphasis...

Sure mark of (at least) any or all:

Crazy poster (Type 1)- a poster who might be describing a real situation but has no grasp on reality, drawing conclusions on falsehoods or false premise... also included is confabulation of facts.

Crazy poster (Type 2)- a poster who is making up (with some cognition or not) facts to fit an emotional or psychiatric pathology.

Fake poster- A poster who is quite knowingly making up facts (a fibber) to fill a myriad of need, such as attention, obsession, validation, all to varying degrees of pathology.

Serial poster- a subtype of the Fake poster, but who repeatedly fibs to create a more deeply textured fantasy emotional life. Often this posters actually want the emotional release of being found out, despite the attempts to use sequential lies to create a more an more fantastic and towering ( and teetering) scenario.

BlondiePB

Lmao

Capitalizing words in an odd manor. Like not consistent with anything like standard or internet grammer... or even with a Sembelence adding logical emphasis...

Crazy poster (Type 1)- a poster who might be describing a real situation but has no grasp on reality, drawing conclusions on falsehoods or false premise... also included is confabulation of facts.

Crazy poster (Type 2)- a poster who is making up (with some cognition or not) facts to fit an emotional or psychiatric pathology.

Fake poster- A poster who is quite knowingly making up facts (a fibber) to fill a myriad of need, such as attention, obsession, validation, all to varying degrees of pathology.

Serial poster- a subtype of the Fake poster, but who repeatedly fibs to create a more deeply textured fantasy emotional life. Often this posters actually want the emotional release of being found out, despite the attempts to use sequential lies to create a more an more fantastic and towering ( and teetering) scenario.
Nice work, xylene. Permission to use your words, please.

BTW, I cast a vote for the fake poster here.

Shay-Pari'e

Hey, you just described Kelly! Good job!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">