• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Morphine pill felony charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chickenhead1

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

i was in my car with a friend who is on legal search&seizure & had a warrant so they rightfully searched my car&found a bag of 100 pills.They asked me what they were & i said"prescription morphine pills" , but they are not mine. i was arrested & am being charged w/1 count HS 11351 felony. like i said they werent my pills. the person who's pills they were wasn't there & had left them by accident in my car, i knew they were in my car i just wasn't thinking,i s there any way for me to get out of this & make the person whos pills they belonged to take blame for this? if they came fwd what happens? if they deny it?

BL

You were busted with them , in a bag no less .

RX's are suppose to be kept in there original containers .

There were ( 100 ) in a bag .

The way the Law looks at it , the intent of such action is to distribute by sale .

On top of that you knew they were in the car .

Get a good lawyer and hope for reduced charges .

CdwJava

Contact an attorney right away. He can advise you on the best course of action. Even if the person who they are prescribed to 'fesses up them being is, he (and you) will have to answer the question: Why were they in YOUR car? And what was he doing carrying around a bag of 100 pills?

It does NOT look good for you. And if you have any kind of past criminal record, start getting your affairs in order because you are probably going up river.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">