• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will It Ever End??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MexicanAngelFly

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

Hello,
My cousin is in a LOT of trouble. :mad: What are her possible outcomes? She got out of jail about a year ago, and has been back in trouble again many times after. She harassed her ex husband and his wife and ended up with a warrant, when they picked her up…She was busted on meth, and child endangerment charges (he was sleeping in the room where the meth was found on the floor). She also had a probation revocation for other charges. They let her out on work release and she was caught driving on a suspended with no registration or insurance and they sent her back to jail. Her last hearing the judge added a habitual offender charge. Her last thing is on the 20th, different judge though, will he know about this hearing and what happened? I am attching her 3 cases so maybe someone can tell me what might happen to her. She also has another driving charge just like the one here but in another city, she hasn’t cleared that up yet either. Finally she has a custody case for her kids, her ex is going for full custody, does she have a chance at all of having them, like for summer break if she does not go to jail? She is already on supervised visitation, but I think thay are moving away, so will she still be able to see them unsupervised? Here are her charges.

Meth Charges she plead not guilty and then changed her plea to no contest

D1 30-31-23(D) POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE (FELONY)07/10/2006

D 1 30-6-1(D) ABANDONMENT OR ABUSE OF A CHILD 07/10/2006

D 1 30-31-25.1(A) POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPH 07/10/2006

D 1 31-18-17 HABITUAL OFFENDER 02/12/2007

Harassment Charges, she plead not guilty and then changed her plea to no contest

D 1 30-20-12 F4 A USE PHONE TO HARASS 2ND+ 06/17/2006 NO CONTEST

D 1 30-20-12 F4 A USE PHONE TO HARASS 2ND+ 06/17/2006 NO CONTEST

Probation Revocation for this case, she did not comply with her probation

- CRIMINAL CHARGE DETAIL -
PARTY COUNT SEQUENCE # STATUTE # CHARGE CHARGE CLASS CHARGE DATE CITATION # PLEA DISPOSITION DISPOSITION DATE
D 1 1 1 30-16-10 FORGERY F3 08/16/2003 NO CONTEST CRB: GUILTY/NO CONTEST PLEA 03/17/2005
D 1 2 1 30-16-10 FORGERY F3 08/16/2003 CRB: DISMISSED BY PROSECUTOR 03/17/2005
D 1 3 1 30-22-3 CONCEALING IDENTITY PM 08/16/2003 NO CONTEST CRB: GUILTY/NO CONTEST PLEA 03/17/2005
D 1 4 1 66-7-301 SPEEDING PM 08/16/2003 CRB: DISMISSED BY PROSECUTOR 03/17/2005
D 1 5 1 66-5-39 DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED M 08/16/2003 NO CONTEST CRB: GUILTY/NO CONTEST PLEA 03/17/2005
D 1 6 1 30-16-24.1 THEFT OF IDENTITY M 08/16/2003

Driving Charges in a Different Town
- CRIMINAL CHARGE DETAIL -

D 1 66-5-2 DRIVERS MUST BE LICENSED 06/25/2006 0779046453569 GUILTY CRB: GUILTY/NO CONTEST PLEA 08/23/2006

D 1 66-3-19(E) RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION; LATE REGISTRATION 0779046453577 GUILTY CRB: GUILTY/NO CONTEST PLEA 08/23/2006

D 1 66-5-205 VEH INSURED/OWNER MUST HAVE EVID OF FINANCIAL RESP

Driving Charges in Our town

D 1 66-5-39 DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED [/FONT]

Shay-Pari'e

No one can tell you with certainty what will happen to her, but I hope she never sees this child unsupervised.

Where was the supervision when she got caught with the meth?:rolleyes:

MexicanAngelFly

Well she has 3 children, two of them live with her ex husband and his new wife, they are the ones who have the supervised visitation, her other ex still lets her see her son, he is the one that was there with the meth. I know it is sad.

MexicanAngelFly

Most people don't belive this, in fact most people hate her. I think she is just a victim of a drug. She lies and cheats and steals. And yes, her other two children are lucky that they live with their dad...but the baby, his dad doesnt care, he leaves him with her mother all the time.

smutlydog

Most people don't belive this, in fact most people hate her. I think she is just a victim of a drug. She lies and cheats and steals. And yes, her other two children are lucky that they live with their dad...but the baby, his dad doesnt care, he leaves him with her mother all the time.
I think she is just a victim of a drug.
I think she is a victim of her own unhappiness and she is irrationally using meth to fix what’s wrong. The answer to what’s wrong comes from within. By exclusively blaming something external like meth will only justify her feelings of hopelessness. She can’t seem to do it on her own so she may need help with this.

MexicanAngelFly

You are right, I shoud not be defending her. Her habit is just an excuse. She has her sentencing today, guess we will see what happens, the other judge tacked on habitual offender to her charges for meth and child abuse. We will have to see what this one will do, he is usually pretty lax.

MexicanAngelFly

Also, will this Judge know about the outcome of her other charges, and her being back in jail for driving on a suspended? Do they keep up on new cases for the person?

MexicanAngelFly

A Stand still

Well my cousin was again hit with habitual offender for her 2 counts of harassment case too. It seems so freaking ridiculous though because she already had that from another judge doing her meth charge thing. Her probation revocation is set for May 10th , 5 days after her custody hearing, and yes that was planned by her attorney so she might be able to keep half custody of the kids. I am guessing that none of the Judges know that she has other cases spread amoung the. She has been in jail now for 2 months since her arrest on her ankle bracelet, I think she has learned enough, and I just know she will still get to have her kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">