• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cocaine possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AnnTrish

My son was arrested on two counts of cocaine with intend to sell. What are his chances of being put on probation or house arrest. How much time can he get and how do I help him as his mother. Also is there so type of support group for the love ones who is going thru this .We live in Virgina and this is his first offense. Is there a mandatory sentence that he must serve

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

In addition to what you get here, you should do a yahoo.com search for all the questions you asked (especially support group thing).

If this is first offense, many states offer diversion programs that will have charges dismissed after a certain time. The requirements are strict and not everyone is allowed this program. So your best bet is to hire a private criminal defense attorney to get the process moving.

For the specific statutes he was charged with:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC18020000007000000000000

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">