• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

coke possesion/1989

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

walleye5

What is the name of your state? Ohio

New to site, hello to all.

Was arrested in 1989 with cocaine residue on "baggie". I was convicted of DRUG ABUSE and given an 18 month prison sentence, 1st offense.
I'm 48 now, & have been an avid hunter all my life. Of course, since 1990, and my release from prison, I am now an avid BOW HUNTER. I surrendered all my firearms @ the time to my father, obiding by the law.
I have recently read in the newspaper of a pair of brothers who also had a felony drug conviction but were restored their right to "keep & bear" arms. I do not know how they accomplished this.
Would it be possible for me to have this felony drug abuse conviction set aside in order to once again be a firearms owning sportsmen? Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Regards,

Bob S.

msiron

I know a man in NY who also had his rights restored... two separate times in his 50 years. I saw the paperwork for the 1st time his rights were restored (I do recall you need a federal and state paperwork done) but do not recall any of the terms etc..

Residue on a baggie and you received a sentence like that? What a joke, and they let many violent criminals walk... go figure.

walleye5

residue

I know a man in NY who also had his rights restored... two separate times in his 50 years. I saw the paperwork for the 1st time his rights were restored (I do recall you need a federal and state paperwork done) but do not recall any of the terms etc..

Residue on a baggie and you received a sentence like that? What a joke, and they let many violent criminals walk... go figure.
That's right msiron, "residue on a baggie", anyway, what's done is done, & my life is turned around now, thank you for the feed-back.

Bob

garrula lingua

Wall, have you contacted the NRA with your problem ?
They have lawyers who assist with info re gun rights.

Federally, you're screwed if there was a felony drug conviction. Doesn't matter what the state says - the Feds won't allow ownership.

Check with the NRA - I believe you'll have to get a pardon in order to restore gun rights.
Given the amt of time, you may be able to do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">