• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

payment for contract work completed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saras

I am a contractor. I completed some contract work for a company in October, November and December 2000. According to my contract agreement with the company they should make payment for work completed 30 days from receipt of invoice. I was paid a partial amount for work completed in OCtober.There was no agreement for partial payment. I have unsuccessfully tried to collect payment for the full amount.The company has ignored my phone calls and letters requesting for payment. They owe me more than $5000. What do I do? What are my rights and how can I collect payment without hiring an attorney? Please advise me. Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

saras said:
What are my rights and how can I collect payment without hiring an attorney?
My response:

1. You have the right to sue them.

2. Since you don't want to hire an attorney, you have the right to apply for, and go through, law school to become an attorney, and to specialize in debt collections.

3. You can hire Guido "to make a visit".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">