• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto auction purchases in OH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sanguehales

I purchased a 1995 Saturn with 80,000 miles at a repo auction.in Akron, Ohio. Engine is no good!!! Needs $2500 worth of work.
Paid $3200. Question: Is it against the law to sell cars as is?? What about 3 day right of refusal.
This auction has two seperate lines , one for tow cars(cars that dont run) and one for cars that do run. All of the cars are inspected before the sale. Results are not devulged to the public. As soon as I was able to drive the car I noticed the "engine needs service soon" light. Took to Saturn dealer was told not to put money into the car because its not worth it!!! What do I do????

Taken in OHIO.

[Edited by sanguehales on 01-10-2001 at 11:35 PM]

T

TimC

You will need to look at the agreement that you were presented with before you began bidding on the car. I am quite sure that it will state that there are no warranties, expressed or implied, and that you are buying the car "AS IS".

Many people see the auction as this wonderful fantasy world where you can get cars really cheap. The fact is that you CAN get them really cheap. And that is EXACTLY what you get....a CHEAP car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">