• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PR taking POD acct to trial.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peppylady

What is the name of your state? Fl

This is follow up on the lawsuit over my POD acct.

Went to mediation today and my brother the PR is taking the POD acct to trial. Saying my father told them he put the money in my name for FDIC purposes and that I am suppose to split the money with them. I was never informed about that and I lived with him. My attn is now looking to sue his attn and the firm plus my brother for this frivolous lawsuit. He said in all the years he has practiced law he has never seen such a stupid lawsuit. He said the PR will eat all the money from the estate. Is hearsay evidence admissible in court?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? Fl

This is follow up on the lawsuit over my POD acct.

Went to mediation today and my brother the PR is taking the POD acct to trial. Saying my father told them he put the money in my name for FDIC purposes and that I am suppose to split the money with them. I was never informed about that and I lived with him. My attn is now looking to sue his attn and the firm plus my brother for this frivolous lawsuit. He said in all the years he has practiced law he has never seen such a stupid lawsuit. He said the PR will eat all the money from the estate. Is hearsay evidence admissible in court?
The hearsay was addressed in the other thread.

What's the amount of money in ONE single account that is covered by FDIC?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">