• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Question *urgent*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladybugzz

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Hi! Hoping for some help here ...

I just sold a car on Saturday morning. Purchaser paid me in cash, I printed and signed a bill of sale form (one I found online) stating that the sale was "as-is". The car had a bad transmission in it - and I disclosed that to the purchaser. He was well aware of that problem. I have the email string proving that.

I got an email from him today stating that there is a bad head gasket on the car and he wants to "return it" ... I've already spent the money (college tuition) and am not interested in having car back.

I presume I am under no obligation to do so in the research I've done an "as-is" sale is just that.

Advice - suggestions? Appreciate your help!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are correct
Maybe - we would need more facts to make such a definite statement. How old was the car? How many miles did it have on it?
I am guessing that Gator is correct, because I doubt your car was very new when you sold it

ladybugzz

I think I'll do that :D

Thanks all ... to be honest, I'm scare to death about this ... I am just so grateful that I did the bill of sale to CMA!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">