• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant for parking tickets---Ma.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mpw0456

If a state or city issues a warrant for unpaid parking tickets, does the warrant stay in effect forever, or does it have an expiration? also, is the warrant statewide or just in the city where the parking violations occured?

A

ace-red

From what I can remember, and please correct me if I am wrong...

This warrant is what is called a bench warrant. It has no expiration, but they don't come looking for you. If you screw up and they run your liscense, it will show.

Happened to my Daddy, and the bench warrant was 8 yrs old...

racer72

Also, you may not be able to renew your drivers license or any business licenses. And if you are pulled over for a traffic offense, you will be arrested, your car will be impounded, and the penalty for the parking tickets will have to be paid before you are released. Now besides the fine for the parking tickets, you also have to pay for towing and storage of your car. Is all that really worth it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">